The new job :)
December 15, 2009
Posted by on
Its official, papers signed and faxed 🙂 I have a new employer – and I officially start on the 18th January 2010. (As I’m not 100% sure of their policy on naming them – I’m refraining from mentioning who they are.)
It happened very quickly and I am SUPER excited. It just feels right. It is hard to explain what makes something right for you… so I’ve listed all the reasons that I can think of that made me feel this was the right decision for me.
- They interviewed me for the job. I would say 90% of the questions were related to the specific role they wanted me to perform – ScrumMaster. Not many companies have such a clear idea in their minds of what they expect of you or of what they are looking for.
- I was interviewed by two women, one was the Project Office Manager and the other the R&D Director. It is really nice to see women in top positions in a company.
- They didn’t waste my time or theirs. They interviewed me, discussed it and made me an offer – all in the same day. To me this means that they know what they want and thus can recognize it and act with certainty.
- They believe in agile from the top management all the way to the bottom. For a fairly large international organization – this is very impressive.
- They run scrum, however they are not perfect (thanks heavens as that would be boring) and have a few scrum-buts… most of all they value agile development and thought.
- They are passionate about what they believe and do.
- The company is product focused, which will be a new experience for me after 5 years of custom development.
- They’re close to my house 🙂 what an AWESOME bonus!
I can now relax, no more interviews or worrying, and enjoy my holiday. Most importantly – I have an exciting new challenge to look forward too! wOOt!