February 2, 2010
Posted by on
Twitter led me to a post today entitled Guidelines for Writing Your Goals. I wasn’t going to read it but then did and am really glad I did! 😛
According to Tony Mayo you should state your goals in a way that impacts their likelihood of success, and that they are specific and measurable.
- Write the goal as if you have achieved it.
- Write the goal in present tense.
- State everything positively
- Specify a measure that describes a victory for you.
- Focus on WHAT you want, not HOW to achieve it.
I um’d and ah’d for about an hour as to whether I should blog about my goals or not. It is very scary putting all your goals out there for everyone to see, comment, criticize though hopefully not tease! I feel they are balanced lifestyle goals – which is important to me.
These are my goals for December 2010:
- I own a farm 1.5 hrs drive from Cape Town. It is 100 hectares with a river and small dam and lots of big trees. It has an old, big, basic farmhouse on it.
- I run in short shorts (yes – those tiny little ones 🙂 )
- I wear size 12 clothing comfortably.
- I exercise at least 6 times a week and cover 70kms a week easily with running.
- The dogs trail run with me at least once a week.
- I love my job. All our teams are cooking!
- I have 1000 twitter followers and publish to my blog daily – half healthy life (exercise/diet) and half healthy work related.
- I have competed in and completed 2 sprint triathlons!
- I feel energised, healthy and happy all day everyday.
Shew – its a scary long list 🙂